– Cadman’s Cottage – the meeting point for the tour, which begins with an introduction, acknowledgement
to Country and an ochre activity.
– Bligh and Barney Reserve – using seasonal native flora and fauna, the tour focuses on
natural resources and purposes/uses of lilly pilly, cabbage palm tree,
casuarina, lamandra, braken fern, grevillia and Wollemi pine.
– Campbells Cove – offers amazing views of Sydney Harbour. Here, the tour focuses on the Aboriginal
saltwater lifestyle and the spiritual importance of the Aboriginal sites, such as the harbour, Opera House/ Bennelong Point and Circular Quay/Woccamagully.
– Argyle Cut – learn about the importance of Earth Mother’s ochre (a natural paint), which exists in large clay pods on the wall of the Argyle Cut. Group and school bookings are also available at a time that suits you. Please contact us for further information.
This leisurely walkabout around The Rocks uncovers the authentic history of the Aboriginal people’s saltwater heritage within Sydney Harbour, their land and water use and their spiritual connection to the adjoining waterways and foreshores.
Aboriginal guides will demonstrate how this place we now know as Sydney continues to weave the Dreamtime Southern X text into it’s modern, built up environment. Discover how to experience contemporary Aboriginal society right in the heart of cosmopolitan Sydney today.
Drawing upon knowledge populated from the oldest ecologists, conservationists, wildlife carers, botanists, astronomers, climatologists and marine biologists on the Earth today, the guides will explain how this ancient wisdom continues to reveal itself within the English settlement of The Rocks.
Dreamtime Southern X is proudly one of Tourism Australia’s / Indigenous Business Australia’s “Indigenous Tourism Champions Program” product suppliers. This elite group of product suppliers represent the best-of-the best Indigenous experiences in Australia. Additionally we are a member of The Australian Tourism Export Council (ATEC), a certified member of Supply Nation (Aboriginal Corporate Association), Indigenous Chamber of Commerce Member and endorsed by the New South Wales Aboriginal Tour Operators Council (NATOC).
– Concession price applies to tertiary students and Australian pensioners.
– Children under 3 are free of charge